canvas shoes or neoprene boots for drysuit boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickc

Registered
Reaction score
Trying to come up with an alternative shoe setup that avoids having to buy another set of larger size fins.

Can high-top lace-up canvas tennis shoes be used instead of rock boots. Or, can you just use a regular neoprene booty?

These would go over the drysuit crushed neoprene attacked sock.

Rick.

Are you sure you'd have to use a larger size fin with rock boots? I didn't have to change fins with mine, though YMMV.

absolutely, they will not fit into my existing Sherwook Trek fins (which I love dearly).

The size 10 BARE rock boots are huge. I don't know whey they had to put a thick lug sole on the bottom and make then to resemble mountaineering boots. Seems like a silly design.

Originally posted by rickc
absolutely, they will not fit into my existing Sherwook Trek fins (which I love dearly).

The size 10 BARE rock boots are huge. I don't know whey they had to put a thick lug sole on the bottom and make then to resemble mountaineering boots. Seems like a silly design.
BARE?

Just a thought, but you might take a look at the DUI Rock Boots. They don't sound as clunky as what you describe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom