Pinnacle Polar Semi Dry 7mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bruinfan

Reaction score
Thought I would contribute with a minireview of this wetsuit. Just dove with it over the weekend in San Clemente/Channel Islands/SoCal. I haven't dived many wetsuits, and have tried on a few more. Here's my .02.

Awesome suit. Very warm in 55 degree water at 70 ft. 3 dives, pleasant day, not the most trying weather wise. The merino lining is very comfortable... soft on the skin. It's not hyperstretch, but it is very easy to move around in. When it's dry, it's very easy to put on; it just slides on. If it's damp, it's a little more work. I've tried the Oneill 7000J, and that was alot of work to put on. Once you get the technique down, the neck seal and hood is simple to work. You may need your buddy to tuck the neck seal in all the way. And you may need a buddy to zip up. But you can easily unzip yourself. The wrist and ankle seals are awesome. The water trapped in your suit becomes very warm and is quite cozy. It takes a full day to dry the inside lining, but no issues there.

There were 2 other people on the boat with the same suit, and they all had positive things to say. couldn't tell you what it's like in 40 degree water or 100+ft. But for my purposes, it is excellent, cheaper than the hyperstretch suits, obviously cheaper than drysuit, highly recommended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom