Wetsuit Advice Needed: Henderson vs Evo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SFScuba

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

Getting ready for the next vacation/diving trip. As tradition would have it, that means I'm looking around for the next purchase (usually use a dive trip as an excure to do one "toy" purchase). My wife and I are looking at getting 3mil shorty wetsuits

We do about 2 vacations a year where we also try to squeeze in some diving. So, we're not heavy divers in the sense of going out every month, etc...

I found two online:

Henderson Premium and also saw an Evo. The Henderson is about $80 and the Evo half that which seems really cheap. Saw some posts about Evo quality problems? The extra bucks really isn't an issue, but if I can save some money with a product that will suit just as well, why not...

The other thing that I liked was the front zip on the Hendersons. I found that even in 3mil I sometimes get warm and the front zip makes it easy to open up and let some water in. Plus, the Henderson is from Larry at ScubaToys which I've had good experience with in the past.

Any opinions?

Who is EVO? Never heard of them. I like my Hendersons and I like Scubatoys. One Vote for the Henderson.

One hour ago I opened a box from scuba.com with my new Henderson Neosport 2mm shorty. $46 on sale and I will combine it with my other suits aqs needed.

I'm an O'Neill "pirate" from way back...lol....anyway, best thing to do is go to one of those sites like pricegrabber or askjeeves or whatever and put in exactly what you are looking for then get the lowest price by using the "insert zip code" thingy. That's what I do when purchasing commodities on the internet...works great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom