thickness of my wetsuit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea_dragon

Reaction score
i am not sure what thickness of my wetsuit is!! there is tag inside but it isn't marked with thickness....is there a way to messure the thickness??

Got a mm ruler? Measure the thickness with that, or take in to a dive shop, they would probably be able to tell you just from looking at it. Good Luck.

Nick

thanks i will have to do that...it will be easier to take it to he dive shop

just curious but how did you get a wet suit that u dont know what size(thickness) it is.. someone give it to ya? just wondering :)

A 7mm suit is right around 1/4 inch thick.

never had to wear one of those.... hearing that i am glad.. 1/4 inch of lack of movement :)

It's really hard even on a new suit. The neoprene is fairly soft so even with calipers it's hard to get a true measure. The thickness of the nylon facings is in there as well. On top of that the basic sheet neoprene has a a tolerance of at least +- 1/2mm. If you decide that it measures .236" thick (6mm) you need to guess if it's a thin 7 or a thick 5. Being an older suit it is probably a squished 7. The heft of a 5 and 7 are also very noticable.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom