P-Valve...pros and cons?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MacLeod

Reaction score
I just sent my DUI200 back for some warranty work (bad dump valve)...and I thought while there I might have them make some modifications to a few things.

This got me to wondering whether or not I should have the put an overbaord valve ((pee valve) in or not.

Are there any negatives to having one installed (apart from cost)?

Would those of you that have them installed suggest putting one in (the suit).

Thank you very much for your help!

Jon

I've had no trouble at all with mine - it's the old hollow bolt/strictly manual kind. I have started using the clear plastic tubing instead of surgical tubing - eliminates kinks.
Rick

Pro = you can pee without flooding your boot.

Sorry I couldn't resist. I haven't used mine yet, waiting for cooler weather. But I got it installed for the above reason.

Wish I could have offered more constructive advice.

Chad

Can you remove the hose (that would be the *p-valve's* hose ;o) ) if you want to dive without using the "system". In other words, can it be there when you want and totally out of the way when you don't?

Thanks again!!

MacLeod once bubbled...
Can you remove the hose (that would be the *p-valve's* hose ;o) ) if you want to dive without using the "system". In other words, can it be there when you want and totally out of the way when you don't?

Thanks again!!
With the manual one you can - just screw the bolt in nice & snug. I'd probably leave the hose attached to the valve, though, as its attachment fitting could prove pretty uncomfortable if it were to rub against your leg without the hose on it.
Rick

The only real con is if the tubing becomes kinked while in use....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom