off the rack drysuits for the big and tall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbrewer

Reaction score
I was wondering if any one knew of a off the rack drysuit that would fit a guy 6'5'' 260 lbs with size 15 shoes. I have heard that the viking x-treme runs large but not sure. I am not picky about material type as long as it fits and can handle frequent dives in the northwest. Thanks for the help:)

The Xtreme size 04 "should" fit with the exception of the boots (12-13 normal, though a thinner 14 has been known to fit). Viking USA will do a boot swap (they go up to size 15) for an ungodly sum of money, like an extra $250 or more depending on the dealer.
There are a couple of ways around that however, like doing the work yourself or bribing a dealer... :wink:

FWIW -- you and I are the same size...except that my feet are size 13.

The stock DUI XXL TLS350 fit me perfectly when I tried it on about 6 months ago. Not sure what custom sized booties would cost.

DUI normally charges something like $100 extra for the XXL vs. other off-the-rack sizes, but this can sometimes negotiated away with the retailer.

You might want to try Andy's. the xxl suit is very generous. Get their brochure and take your measurements as they dictate you might find they will be able to fit you.

chuckrt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom