pinnacle polar semi-dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Im looking into getting a semi-dry suit for diving in NE. Drysuit is not an option.
I have been looking heavily into the pinnacle polar and am looking for feedback from pinnacle owners or possible advice on other semi-drys.
thanks

dave

I haven't used one yet myself but I am looking at the Extreme and the Polar. I have talked to several people who really like the Pinnacle suits. One of my friends says the her Pinnacle suit is warmer than her dry suit. Everything I have heard from the people using the suits has been positive.

Depends on your bladder. No, really. I was looking seriously at them until I read some info that made me realize:

No P-valve option on a semi-wet, and you can't just cut loose like in a true wetsuit, unless you like marinating in it.

Something to think about. I'd say suffer through diving wet for now (or rent) and save up for a dry suit.

I have a Pinnacle Polar and dive in about 50-53 degree water. I will admit I can be cold on a 90 degree day, but the suit does not keep me warm enough on its own. I started wearing a 2/1 spring suit under and I am borderline. At some point I will upgrade to a drysuit.

They may call it a semi dry but it is a wetsuit. It will not flush if you do pee in it, but water gets in. The zipper is not a dry zipper at all and the seals are not 100% sealed. I would take it over a wetsuit any time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom