water-proof gloves??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabunny

Reaction score
Is there such a thing a "water proof" gloves? I have found "semi-dry" gloves in our catalogs at work, but they are made of 5mm neoprene. Will they let water in, or are they water proof? Basically, I need something that will keep ALL water out of the gloves (due to eczema), especially salt water.

Is there a lining (rubber) for drysuit gloves? Or is the best bet is just LOTs and LOTS of vaseline? I'm sorry if I sound stupid..but drysuit accessories aren't a big seller here!

Any help would be appreciated!

Check this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?threadid=494

Basically, most full dry-gloves are a rubber glove with or without an insulation lining. They either have a seal similar to a drysuit wrist seal to keep the water out, or they attach directly to the drysuit (ring system).

On the other hand, the semi-dry gloves I have do let water in, but much more slowly than standard neoprene gloves. They alse restrict flow once the water is in.

Back
Top Bottom