Can I use my waterskiing 2mm shorty for diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MerlinDV

Reaction score
Hi,
The question pretty much says it all. I don't get cold too easily, so it will be mainly for protection. Is this going to be a big deal? Does anyone do it?

Thanks,

Merlin

I would not buy a "ski" shortie if I were buying new but if I already owned one, then I see no reaon not to give it a try. I use only a skin if the water is warm enough and then only for the sun/abrasion/jellyfish protection it provides. I would not risk a big dive trip on it, I hate to be cold, but for a single dive in warm water, what the heck, you can always rent/buy a heavier suit if it turns out you need more for the kind of diving you do. For me, in 80 deg + water it would be fine, below that, I want more. Also, the effects of heat loss add up and a wetsiut that is "just enough" on the first dive is usally not enough on subsequent dives, thats the reason I usally like to dive with a little more exposure protection that I think I will need. You can always flush a little water through the suit to cool off but not a lot can be done about being cold after you start the dive.

Thanks,
Anybody else have any comments?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom