Where to find Thinsulate glove liners? (Bare/SI-Tech system)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got a nice used Bare drysuit off the classifieds here (thanks Terry) and I'm playing with the "Quick Cuff" dry glove system. The suit came with what I believe are the stock Bare gloves--lined blue gloves, I think they are the Atlas 490s. They seem nice, but I need some backups.

I wanted to get some of the unlined Atlas 620s or 660s, and separate slim liners, to maximize dexterity. However, aside from the stock Atlas liners (ATS455) I can't seem to find anything. Where can I find some nice Thinsulate glove liners? All my web searches seem to turn up fancy gloves with Thinsulate lining... not the same thing. :)

Matt S.:
I just got a nice used Bare drysuit off the classifieds here (thanks Terry) and I'm playing with the "Quick Cuff" dry glove system. The suit came with what I believe are the stock Bare gloves--lined blue gloves, I think they are the Atlas 490s. They seem nice, but I need some backups.

I wanted to get some of the unlined Atlas 620s or 660s, and separate slim liners, to maximize dexterity. However, aside from the stock Atlas liners (ATS455) I can't seem to find anything. Where can I find some nice Thinsulate glove liners? All my web searches seem to turn up fancy gloves with Thinsulate lining... not the same thing. :)

Matt,

Go to a sporting goods store or even Wall Mart has them this time of the year (Hunting season)

Terry

Mountain Hardwear (Alpine company) has some nice one's I tried on. That glove is also available a few bucks cheaper at Cabelas.com.

Thanks guys!

The cabelas ones look interesting. Another option is to head over to your local army surplus store and pick up some wool gloves. I've been diving these olive drab ones that were $3 in about 50 degree water, and I love them.

Coupled with the Atlas 620/660s they make a more streamlined glove system as well, which improved dexterity for me.

Back
Top Bottom