Whites Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cralmic

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking to buy a used whites dry suit... It has the drysuit zippers and fleece thermal suit. Question... this suit does not have the chest inflator nor exhaust valve on the left shoulder? This suit looks like a dry suit, but what kind of dry suit does not have inflator and exhaust? The suit does have rubber seals associated with dry suit?

Another question... could I add the inflator and exhaust valve and if so how much? I am looking to buy this for 450.00 which includes both suits and 2 pair whites diving boots. Suit has been dove 4 times

Thanks, MIke

cralmic:
Hello, I am looking to buy a used whites dry suit... It has the drysuit zippers and fleece thermal suit. Question... this suit does not have the chest inflator nor exhaust valve on the left shoulder? This suit looks like a dry suit, but what kind of dry suit does not have inflator and exhaust? The suit does have rubber seals associated with dry suit?

Thanks, MIke
Its not for diving. Its for surface water sports. Water skiing etc etc

And ain't cha glad you asked that question before you bought it....Could have been a tight squeeze....

???? Confused. Why would a suit be made with a seperate thermal under suit, drysuit zippers/pockets and bubber seals if used above water?

cralmic:
???? Confused. Why would a suit be made with a seperate thermal under suit, drysuit zippers/pockets and bubber seals if used above water?
Well, gee. If I was water skiing and I wiped out...where would I be?

Check out the source at Whites:

http://www.whitesdiving.com/index.php?id=39&cid=53

Discovery Dry

FEATURES
  • Note that this dry suit has no valves.
  • Bell-shaped heavy-duty and UV-resistant latex wrist and neck seals can be trimmed to fit your size.
  • Adjustable waist cinch ensures a snug fit.
  • Anatomically correct CAD-designed pattern with pre-bent arms, legs and torso gives a perfect fit.
  • Self entry airtight dry suit zipper with external protective flap keeps water out.
  • All Discovery suits come with 210 Denier Bi-Laminate ShellSocks attached. As an option, latex ankle seals can be added to the suit instead.
  • This suit is ideal for surface sports such as snorkelling and is not recommended for scuba diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom