outer shells on undergarments ..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trymixdiver

Reaction score
Just what is the outer shell on some under garments there for?

My old UG have this outter shell that seems to slide against the inside of my drysuit nicely. Maybe to avoid it from piching me and getting a nasty squeaze ?

My new UG doesnt have this, will it be an issue using a Viking dry suit?

thx

Andy

I am not 100% satisfied with my Viking, if i did it again i would have got the DUI for its durability. Also the built in boot on the viking is a glorified sock. Maybe if your boat diving all the time its perfect, but try walking up stairs and on rocks for a couple of hundred yards each way ( up hill both ways of course) with no foot support.

trymixdiver once bubbled...
My new UG doesnt have this, will it be an issue using a Viking dry suit?
Mine doesn't have it either and while it isn't an issue in the Trilam I was concerned about it binding in the CF200....

It doesn't.

The Weezel Extreme has a very slippery outer covering and moves quite freely... but it doesn't move gas as fast either.

I am diving it Sunday so i will find out, but i was just curious.

Andy

Pug

this is the one Jancie just sent me. I like it, just wondered if this was gonna be an issue.

Most of those nylon shells are for your SI when you are on the boat and getting sprayed and blown around by a frigid wind. I know that Andy's is coming out with a new set of 4 way and 2 way stretch polartec undergarments that have an optional nylon windbreaker type of jumpsuit that you can wear over the top of your polartec to block the wind/spray if you are so inclined.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom