Any experience with Atlan suits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm starting to shop around a little bit for a drysuit, I'm in no rush, so I want to explore all my options. My shop recently got set up as a dealer with Atlan, www.atlaninc.com , but since it is a new brand for them, they don't know tons about them, especially as far as longevity and durability goes. Can anyone give me an opinion on their suits, particularly the Tri-Lam, which according to their website is made by Typhoon?

Another question is, if I decide to go with a used suit, what is a decent price range to consider for a used Tri-Lam?

Thanks,
Jim

Jimmer:
I'm starting to shop around a little bit for a drysuit, I'm in no rush, so I want to explore all my options. My shop recently got set up as a dealer with Atlan, www.atlaninc.com , but since it is a new brand for them, they don't know tons about them, especially as far as longevity and durability goes. Can anyone give me an opinion on their suits, particularly the Tri-Lam, which according to their website is made by Typhoon?

Another question is, if I decide to go with a used suit, what is a decent price range to consider for a used Tri-Lam?

Thanks,
Jim

Atlan makes a very good product,in fact I've owned 3 of their dry suits. Probably the only negative I would say is that I wish they put a heavier duty zipper on their suits,but in spite of that,I'd buy another one of their suits.

I dive an Atlan Sport for my drysuit. 7mm w/neoprene seals. It's a strudt suit that got me diving dry for small money. It's keeps me warm and dry and is holding up just fine.

My wife has custom suits in 7mm and 3mm from them and they are very nicely done.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom