Help!!! need a drysuit repair clinic!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dryguy

Reaction score
Fire department Dive Team Coordinator is in need of information on where to get quality training on drysuit repair for our Gates and Viking drysuits. We need to be able to repair and replace cuffs,neck seals and yes ZIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!! If someone can help us tap into this secret society please contact me ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you
jerry
jrichert@franklintwpfire.org

Here's my reply from your other post:
I have a cuff replacement tutorial available for download, but it's only for VIKING suits.
For those Gates suits, you're better off using duct tape. :mean:
http://www.scubadiving.com/members/divetips.php?s=301

You'll have to tweak it slightly for the different glue you'll be using.
The other stuff is done basically the same, use some sort of mandrel, and keep in mind that surface prep is critical.
Got a source for the rubber parts yet?

jrichert once bubbled...
Fire department Dive Team Coordinator is in need of information on where to get quality training on drysuit repair for our Gates and Viking drysuits. We need to be able to repair and replace cuffs,neck seals and yes ZIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!! If someone can help us tap into this secret society please contact me ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you
jerry
jrichert@franklintwpfire.org

This company is excellent at any type of repairs, adjustments, and just about anything else you would need done on a drysuit:

www.drysuitrepair.com

And yes, zippers also!!

Wrist and nec seals are no big deal but not to many people do their own zippers. The owners manual usually tells how to do the wrists and neck. Buy some seals and practice. I doubt that any manufacturers repair class even teaches how to replace a zipper (though I don't know that for certain)

Back
Top Bottom