DUI sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm 6' 0" and 175 lbs and on the lean side (check the profile photo). Using the DUI measurement guide, most of my stats fall in the Medium category. However, according to the guide, I'm a little tall for a Med.

Any six footers using a stock Medium? I'm hoping the telescoping torso feature can accomodate the extra inch or so...

The LDS doesn't stock any inventory to try on and unfortunately, there is no, repeat NO, way I can afford a custom suit at this time.

I think you will be fine. Most of the people here locally buy the DUI's a size smaller than the charts says anyway.

That being said, with DUI's return policy (15% restocking fee.) I would find someplace to try one on first to make sure. Other wise you could be out a lot of money just to try one on.

I just cheched DUI's site and the next DOG Day demo in your area looks like next Nov.

Good luck.

Chad

Sounds like your border line M or L. Based only on your height. problem with that is the L will be excessivly baggy.

Andy

best option if you got the $ is go with the SP or SS. I had the same problem on tuesday of this week. I needed a Large but it was going to be baggy in the legs and long in the legs. I ended up getting the SS.

I have to post the chart so people know what we are talking about...

I am glad they fixed the chart...it used to read like God's prescription for out of proportion people...a small used to be for 5'2" people..

I'm 6' and 165 lbs and I just bought a medium DUI 450. It fits very well except the legs are a little short which makes the crotch a little low. I only have a few dives in, but so far it seems fine in the water.

Thanks for your comments, guys...very helpful.

It is important that the legs are not short at all... especially with a telescoping torso. You do not want the crotch hanging low. If it does you will only be able to flutter kick or at the most be able to manage a modified frog/sculling kick.

When the crotch hangs down it prevents you from extending your legs out to the side.

I'm 6ft tall and 190 lbs. I just got my new CLX450 in (stock sizing) Large and it couldn't fit better! You may need custom sizing to get the legs long enough in a medium. Try one on before ordering. Even if you have to drive an hour or 2 to find a shop that has one it's worth the time. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom