You get what you pay for.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I learned a valuable lesson in attempting to cut costs when purchasing new equiptment. Most of my equiptment that I recently purchases was from my LDS. However, I took advantage of what I thought was a good deal online when purchasing a new wetsuit. I found a 7 mm with attatched hood farmer john and jacket fot $149. I found this to be a great deal because it was also 2 XL.

To make a long story short, five dives and the neoprene began to tear. And when I say tear I don't me from the seams or zipper. The tears were in the middle of the suit where there were no seams. Many people whos opinions I trust stated they had never saw a suit tear in such a way.

I guess this story, at least to me, verifies the old addage, "you get what you pay for."

I suspect no warranty at that price??

I saw it and had never seen anything like it. The cloth was still intact on both sides of the suit but the neoprene had separated leaving large areas where you could see through the fabric. He's right, it was not near a seam or the zipper. This was a brand new suit though it was a brand I had never heard of.
Ber :lilbunny:

I am intent on sending it back and I hope they will do the right thing. I am in the middle of my AOW and just wanted to make sure I could get another suit, which I did yesterday. They were responsive about swapping sizes on the original purchase.

If they were quick enough to swap sizes for you, they will most likely be equally willing to take the suit back IMHO. It is in their best interest.

Just mention that you did post about the issue here and folks are eagerly awaiting for the resolution. That can only help their endeavour if resolved honestly and expeditiously. :wink:

Give them a chance ...

Yeah I agree with you Tanker. I will give them a chance to make it right. Plus like I said I learned my lesson on cost cutting in regards to scuba equiptment. I understand it is good to get a good deal. Maybe just not a deal to good to be true.

I had a very similar experience. I bought a $149 2xl farmerjohn/jacket type suit online. I didn't have the problem of the suit tearing up but It did not fit well at all, And in this cold California water, that matters. Broke down and bought a 1pc Aqualung from LDS and I love it. More than 2x the cost of the first suit but would have saved $149 if I had bought the better suit first, spend and learn.

Sounds like we may have bought the same suit. I too needed it for the cold waters of OH. I bought a two piece henderson 7 mm and will just have to go back to tucking a hood in. That was one of the appeals of the suit was that it had an attatched hood.

Back
Top Bottom