Two prices quoted for CLX450 and TLS350, which is better

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nizfiz

Registered
Reaction score
I can get a CLX450 for $1820 CAD at my door or I can get a TLS350 for $1350 CAD at the door.

I'll be diving it mostly in the St.Lawrence in wrecks. I thought the 450 would be better because of the cordura but then I realized it doesn't have the cordura on the bottom. Does that effectively mean it has the same bottom as the 350? Both are trilam. I'm not dishing for the 450 all in cordura. I think the bottom is the part that needs the strength most.

I really would like to save the cash and get the 350 can anyone give me a reason to get the 450 instead? I don't want a CF200 for a few reasons one of em being I can't get as good a deal. Finally, I'll try to get some quotes on the Flex 50/50 but I don't think it's available in as good a deal either.

Thanks, feel free to lemme know which is the better of the two deals aswell as which one might be better suited to the diving I mentioned.

BTW, I've half-commited to the 450 but I'm getting cold feet and have 3 days to alter my order.

You can get the 450 in all Cordura, but you may have to get one of the Special Production suits to do that.

The bottom is definitely not the same as the 350. The 350 is a nylon/rubber/nylon trilam, whereas the 450 is a polyester/rubber/polyester trilam on the bottom and a cordora/rubber/polyester trilam on the top. The polyester trilam is much more durable than the nylon. The material is also double layered on the lower leg to add extra durability. The 450 will hold up much better than the 350 in abrasive environments. Just by touching the material you can tell that there is a significant difference. The 350 has an almost like laytex feel, whereas the 450 feels more like canvas.

You can find an even better deal on the CLX450 from aquatoyz.com (about $200 less). I would have bought from them, but a local guy offered to match their price. I just put in my order today, so I can't tell you if I actually like the suit.

I own both the TLS350 and the CLx450 and jefffalcone is right, the 450 has tougher material on the bottom (and much tougher on the top).

I think you made a wise choice to buy the 450 for wreck diving. Your price ($1820 CAD, converts to $1720 USD) is only about 5% higher than the lowest price I've seen lately.

You did well. Good luck! You'll love the suit.

Dave C

Back
Top Bottom