Sizing impossible for tall people!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BeachJunkie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been searching around looking for a good fitting wet suit but can't seem to catch a break. I'm 6'3 but don't have a garganchuan chest. All the sizing charts I see say that for my length, thier suits fit a 45+ inch chest. Now unless me and Arnold start pumpin some roids that not very likely for me. I'm a pretty thin guy. Anyone got any suggestions for a brand and size for a 6'3 190 lb dude? I even looked at my local shop and it wasn't very promising. I'm open to all suggestions, just hoping I won't have to fork out the money to get a custom suit. I've always just used a shorty or rash guard while surfing and never had to get a full suit until taking up diving.

This is EXACTLY why we carry a line of custom wetsuits and drysuits from Italy!

http://www.teknodiver.com/

Their website isn't very good and only has about 1/2 their product lines but for comparison sake a 7mm Made-to-Measure Semi-dry is under $400.

Send me an email if you'd like me to order you a suit.

Thanks!
-raj

Aquatic Discovery Scuba Center
Santa Clara, CA
www.aquaticdiscovery.com

I am about the same size, except a bit less on the weight size. I find the cressi suits fit really well.

So try some of the European suit makers.

I have a Cressi Lontra 3 7mm and its great.

I've had good luck with Pinnacle. I'm 6'3", 195 lbs, 32" waist, 34 inseam, wear a 42L jacket. My 7mm is a large tall and my 3mm is a medium-large tall. Both fit great.

Sounds like Bare and Pennicle are going to be your choices. Sounds like we are about the same size and I have a Bare dry suit and a Pennicle wet suit. Both fit really well. My mares wet suit I sent in to be altered after fighting it for a year.

XCEL also has -Long suits for any size.

rakkis:
XCEL also has -Long suits for any size.

I'm 6'3" and 190 and wear an XCEL Large-Tall that fits perfectly.

Excellent. Thanks for the input everyone. I'll check out the brands and sizes everyone listed. I was just goin off what I saw at my lds and some of the generic sizings and size charts I found online.

Back
Top Bottom