Drysuit boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I have a drysuit with neoprene socks attached. so i am required to have a diveboot. What would u recommend for me to use? Somebody earlier mention i should used canvass/converse type of boot.

thx in advance

There are a couple of options. You could use the Converse "Chuck Taylor" type shoe. You could also use a wetsuit style bootie. You could also try a DUI "Rockboot" style boot. The latter has a love 'um or hate 'um following. Personally, I hate them, but they are an option.

I've used a variety of things. Everything from wetsuit boots, to tactical style boots, to true combat/jungle boots (which I prefer over anything else).

It's really up to personal preference. Some of the sites I dive require walking through so ugly terrain, so I like a very sturdy boot. If I was diving off a boat my choices would probably be different.

I use Bare Trek boots. I like them very much. Good support and great traction.

I've used a variety of things. Everything from wetsuit boots, to tactical style boots, to true combat/jungle boots (which I prefer over anything else).

QUOTE]

What does the combat/jungle boots look like?

thx

QUOTE]

What does the combat/jungle boots look like?

thx

Kinda like this:

BTS31lg.jpg

Whites makes one of the best, and durable drysuit boot. The Alterra boot http://www.whitesdiving.com/index.php?site=4&id=111&cid=373 is easy to slip on and lace up. They also have a real sole, and are designed to be in water for long periods of time. They are really comfortable too!

Those look pretty good, but I'd want something a bit more substantial for some of the stuff around here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom