Drysuit boot & fin size question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evil_xander

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So, the Pinnacle Evo2 has vulcanized boots, I wear size 10, currently looking for appropriate sized fin.

I found a 'local' copy of the Jetfin people, available in size L/XL, and I'd need to go and check it/try it out. Since this includes a drive and there are no other sizes available if it doesn't fit, can anybody make an educated guess, would that type of a boot, size 10 fit into L/XL Jetfin or similar? If not, I'd skip the drive altogether and go someplace else...

Edit: These are the mentioned fins.

Looks by their sizing on the web that it might make sense to go and try them, L/XL translates into European 42-44 size, whereas size 10 translates to 43-43,5.

Hate to say it, but you really will NOT know until you put your feet in the boots and then the boots in the fins.

I have the EVO II suit w/ size 13 boots. The boots are big, much larger than a basic neoprene bootie and much taller. I think the XL might be able to work, but would probably be a bit small. The jet fin XXL will be too big. I would go w/ the OMS Slipstream XXL (essentially the same as a jet but lighter and more snap, and the size is right between the XL and XXL), or turtles.

Well, at least it looks like it makes sense to go and try them. Oh well, the suit goes in the trunk and off we go... :D

Tried and got them. :D

They'll see some action on saturday. I uploaded several photos to the the gallery.

So, if anybody asks, size 10 Evo 2 boot fits L/XL jetfin type of a fin, looks like size 11 could also fit, I'll check it this week as my buddy has boots size 11 on his Evo 2.

They come with spring straps by default, total price is 150 USD, I guess I could have found them a tad cheaper since they are not the original Scubapro jets but hey, it's a decent price, Jets with spring straps are being sold for about 200-220...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom