Wet Suit or Rash Gaurd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingtigger

Contributor
Reaction score
In a Frozen Pineapple Under the Sea, Great White N
Hey yall,

I'm heading up to Mexico from Canada in January. My current wetsuit is getting a little tight and I'm having problems finding one that will fit my chest (hard to breath in a relaxed manor). I have a rash guard t shirt. Can I get away with buying a pair of short skins to wear under my bathing suit (will I be warm enough)? Or should I keep hunting for the perfect wet suit? Since the kids were born I get out 3-4 times a year now.

Thanks

I am not sure about the temps you will find in Mexico, but if it is warm enough for a t-shirt or rash guard I would suggest a shorty wet suit. Doing a few dives a day even in 80 something degree water makes for a very tired diver at the end of the day. A shorty will keep the body in better shape for nocturnal activities.

I used to dive in only a tee shirt in the carib and never felt cold. I was tired and needed and aftn nap after diving the morning. After 6 days of 2 tanks, I would be exhausted. Since switching to diving in a 3mm full all the time, I am rarely tired and rarely feel like a nap. Now I have the aftn's free for more fun or diving. At the end of a week, no longer exhausted. I do not feel hot, just warmer.
I also find the nylon II type wetsuits expand so well, I do not have trouble with a tight fit. They go by various names with various companies but its all the stretch suits with neoprene and type 2 nylon. You might want to consider trying one. I love mine. They cost more but I think its worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom