What to wear under wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKev

New
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I'm just starting my certification classes and hope this doesn't sound to dumb. I've read alot of the posts here that say wetsuits should fit very tight to your body for best heat retention. How does one deal with swim trunks bunching up under the wetsuit?? Do most folks just wear nothing or is this a dive etiquet no no?? Thanks in advance for helping a Rookie get the hang of things.

Welcome to scuba diving and the board kev....

I've been diving a awhile and the most comfortable thing I have found to wear under my wet suit is biker shorts. They fit kinda tight, they don't bunch up, and they are comfortable. Bare under your Bare???? I dunno.. I guess you could, not me though. Mines a front zip. Hair in the zipper.... eyouch :eek:

I wear a bathing suit, but a few of the freedivers I know wear nothing. I've never seen or heard of a scuba diver who doesn't weat shorts or a suit.

Ralph

Go commando, not on your life, I wear a Speedo. And no I don't wear it alone in pubic......er public.

ID

Found some black lycra work out shorts similar to bike shorts but without the crotch padding on sale at Oshmans. These seem to work okay and don't bunch up.

under my 3mm poolsuit I go commando.

I tried all sorts of shorts etc.. and found it to be too uncomfortable.

Jon T

They're like speedos but more attractive.NO...they are not 'Y' fronts.No self respecting diver my way would wear 'speedos'. I couldn't imagine going 'buck'.Oooo... the chaffing.Besides,I need support for my heavy load..heheheh.
By the way...all you speedo wearers....where do you hide your big gold medallions with your star signs?
Hahahahahahaha!
There can be only one.
The Gasman.

The best combination IMO are the Speedo's that have a boxer short cut. They are made of a lycra like material so they fit snug and dont interfere with the wet suit.

My husband wears the medium Speedo, not the tiny ones, and a Lycra Suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom