Wet Suit rash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MtnPlayVA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I received a pretty nasty rash on the back of both knees last time I went diving - 3 dives without taking the wetsuit off in between dives. Is there some lotion, cream, gel, etc. that you can use to help prevent a rash. I occasionally get small rubbed spots where my boots hit the fins but this rash covered the whole back part of my knee. I guess I could have had a crease from not pulling it up all the way but it didn't feel like it was fitting funny. Just started hurting after the 3rd dive. I did 2 more dives the next day so that probably didn't help but it would be nice to be able to put something on in advance if I know this is going to be a sensitive spot for me.

yes there is my buddy has some and I have seen it in a little brown tube that looks like a sunscreen tube. The stuff looks a little like a wax. I called him and left a message to see what it's called. I know he got it at a Seattle area surf shop but I am sure that the dive shops would have it. I am sure someone will have an answer for you, otherwise when I get the name I'll let you know.

I wear a dive skin (lycra) under my suit. No Rashes.

I thought about that but I am trying to lose weight (I need to lose about 25 lbs.) so I am putting off buying anything that won't fit right once I do lose the weight.

BigFame - if you can find out the name of it I would appreciate it. I didn't see anything at my LDS so I'll probably order it online. It would solve the problem for now and keep me motivated to lose the weight so a wetsuit will be my reward :D

I thought about that but I am trying to lose weight (I need to lose about 25 lbs.) so I am putting off buying anything that won't fit right once I do lose the weight.

BigFame - if you can find out the name of it I would appreciate it. I didn't see anything at my LDS so I'll probably order it online. It would solve the problem for now and keep me motivated to lose the weight so a wetsuit will be my reward :D

I too wear a dive skin and it is worth it. They fit tightly so you have some flexibility with weight loss/gain. I have lost some weight over the last year and it still fits. Check out the price and you may consider it a worthwhile answer. I sure did. They really are not that expensive.

Since it's on your knee a pair of pantyhose would be a much less expensive alternative to a skin if you prefer to wait. We have both male and female students who have used them to make donning their wetsuit easier.
Ber :lilbunny:

Wow - never would have thought of that Ber! Thanks for the advice all!

That would be really funny for us men trying to explain THAT at our local department store.

Just gotta have LEGGS, I suppose :dork2:

That would be really funny for us men trying to explain THAT at our local department store.

Just gotta have LEGGS, I suppose :dork2:

Grab the Leggs and a small box of tampons then shake your head and smile while saying "Gotta love women" to the cashier :rofl3: Put the tampons in your save-a-dive kit or your glove box for those "save the day" moments :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom