Went and tried on a Bare Suit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ming101

Registered
Reaction score
Man was it a pain in the butt to get on and off. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me and my wide shoulders. My LDS guy says it will get better as I learn how to do it, isthere any truth in that. I am thinking of going with the Typhoon suit made for altan http://divemar.com/Divemar/docs/typhoon.html it has a longer zipper to get in and out of and they both seemed like an equal workmenship suit.

My Bare ATR suit came in a few weeks ago. At first I thought " self donning - my ass", but as I've had it in the pool a few times and I actually READ the owners manual and followed how they said to get into it - it is much easier to get into. And yes, it really is a self donning suit.....

SS

I have had my suit for about 2 years now and I really like it, it has held up GREAT, and fairly easy to get on and off, I would recommend one to anyone, zipper quality , diag. accross the front, greats seals, the suit is fine, I think I got it from divers supply new from ebay 510 dollars, my friend called them and got a discount from their advertised price, I also bought other HIGH dollar items from them and they were great, no affiliation btw.

I have the same Typhoon suit - same eBay deal, about $545. My main gripe with the suit is that it is a very baggy fit - I'm 6'3, 220lb, so I should fill it out pretty well, and there's always lots of extra material around the torso. It's trully dry - the only leaks are my sweat :)

Donning the suit isn't a problem - I have wide shoulders and it fits well there - getting it off is a bit of a pain though, but I have just added dry gloves which should help (previously required contortions to get your hands out of the wrist seals while the suit was halfway down your back).

If you get it from Divers Supply, they will let you buy two suits, and accept one as a return and refund you - this way you can try on the nearest two sizes and keep the one that fits best.

Back
Top Bottom