Next Gen Bare Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

didekeer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

does anybody have some long time experience with the Bare Next gen dry suit?

How does it hold out? Is it durable? How does it fit during the dive?

I know it is a real low budget suit, but hey, the price is right for a first suit.

I'm also considering the Light or the HD, but is it worth the difference in price?

Currently I'm diving with a Whites Crushed Neoprene suit. Nice, but a bit tight around the sholder. The owner asks 950 Canadian. I can get the Next Gen for a lot less, or a Light for the same price.
The whites Neoprene suit is in good shape and costed way more originally (owner clames more than 2000 canadian), but a new suit is always nice and I kind of like the fabric (more flexible during the dives). But I have no experience with any suit other than the Neoprene.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks, Dirk

But I'm strongly leaning towards getting one. The only other shell-type suit in the same price range is the Whites Nexus. ScubaLab gave that one a Tester's Choice, and didn't give one to the Bare, but I like the Bare better anyways. Reason? The Whites has stitched seams, and the Bare is ultrasonically welded. I just think it's a better construction method...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom