Si Tech glove lock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

masterof0

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am testing out some glove locks for my dry suit. After installing the lock rings, I noticed how much the seals stretched to accommodate the lock ring. My question is if the amount of stretch is excessive or will do permanent damage to the seals. Also, should I remove the lock when storing for extended periods or will this due further damage.

I have attached a pic so you can see the original seal and the seal with the glove lock.

Attachments

• glove_lock.jpg
    glove_lock.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 81
I use Viking, but basically the same thing. Your install looks about right. The wrist seals themselves are pretty easy to replace. I change them when ever they show excessive wear, and do not remove my dry glove rings between dive adventures.

I have to agree they look right. As far as removing them, I don't but I dive at least once a week.
Good luck,
U/O

From what I've personally witnessed, repeatedly removing the rings won't cause damage to the latex. I remove mine immediately after each dive day and re-install them prior to the next dive day. I do that even when diving every week. Since they can be removed and installed in less than a couple of minutes (with practice), why not? :D

Likewise, leaving them on for longer periods seems to be fine, too, but I did know a diver who had some premature rot after leaving them on for a year straight.... :shakehead:

Dave C

I have had mine in for well over 4 years now and have not had a problem with them. I think different then those guys. If it isnt broke dont fix it. I will take mine out when the wrist seals need to be replaced. That is just my thinking yours might vary.

Back
Top Bottom