DUI Latex Zip Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

liuk3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a couple of questions regarding the DUI Latex Zip Seals on a drysuit.
- How often do you replace you latex neck and wrist seals?
- Do you replace them pre-emptively or upon failure?
- How long do they last for you?
- My neck and wrist seals are starting to get sticky/gummy on the outside. What is going on and should I replace them?

I have a couple of questions regarding the DUI Latex Zip Seals on a drysuit.
- How often do you replace you latex neck and wrist seals? As needed
- Do you replace them pre-emptively or upon failure? when they start showing wear, I make sure I'm carrying spares. Wait til actual failure to replace
- How long do they last for you? about 2 years. i average close to 100 dives per year
- My neck and wrist seals are starting to get sticky/gummy on the outside. What is going on and should I replace them? Gumminess is an indication of deterioration caused by skin oils. once it starts, the seals should be considered on their last legs, can't be reversed. Next set of seals this can be delayed by regular washing of the seals with mild soap and water.

Hope this helps

Yes. This helps a lot. Thanks!

I'd also recommend using Seal Seal saver on a regular - and liberal - basis. I get about 200 or so dives on a set of seals before replacing them.

With zip seals there's no reason to replace them preemptively in my mind - just wait until they fail and then pop a new seal in place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom