Atlan Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diversauras

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone diving one of these? Got any comments, either good or bad?

I purchased 2 custom suits from them last year. It was a great suit! I really enjoyed working with them. I couldn't recomment them enough. Good looking suits, good quality, great price!

I can give you more details.....just ask away!

I have a bunch of dives on atlan suits up here in Alaska... they are what our LDS rents primarily. They aren't bad suits at all, they stand up to abuse well, and work as they should.

For the price, I don't think you can go wrong.

-B

I had a custom Atlan suit and after 6 weekends the neoprene all shrivelled up. It was then so tight (primarily in biceps and calves) that I couldn't wear it anymore. I was not a case of weight gain. I took it back to my LDS and they sent it back. Altan agreed that something had happened to it but figured I had done something to it. I had only washed it with wetsuit soap in cold water, hung to dry in the shade, stored it hanging up with nothing touching it in a closet the furthest away from the furnace. I still don't know why it shrivelled. Personally, I think it was a crappy batch of neoprene but they said they didn't think so. Even though it was under warranty, they didn't agree to replace it. I eventually struck a deal with them to get a new suit in a different style (jumpsuit and sleeveless shorty). I paid for the sleeveless shorty part only.
I just tried out the new suit yesterday. It seems fine but I did order it a tad bigger than I need so if it shrivels again, it'll still fit (hopefully). Neoprene seems much stretchier than my shrivelled suit. Other than my experience, I haven't heard anything bad about them but if I was to buy a new suit again, I'd go to BARE as they have taller sizes (which is all I need) and not to Atlan. I hear BARE will be doing customs suit this fall.

Diverlady

Has anyone tried thier drysuits?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom