Whites Fusion Bullet vs. Hollis BioDry FX 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danieldale

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking for Help: pros cons for Fusion Bullet vs Hollis FX 100 can't decide which to buy? Also options one should have-etc.

Last edited:
I have never dove either suit. As for looks the hollis looks cool. Acc. you would want I recomend getting Suspenders and 2 pockets one on each leg. Cold waters you may want dry gloves. Personally I dive the Bare Trilam HD Tech dry. Those options above seem to be standard that alot of people go with or wind up doing after they get the suit. Seals I like latex seals over neoprene.

Looking for Help: pros cons for Fusion Bullet vs Hollis FX 100 can't decide which to buy? Also options one should have-etc.

Both are great suits, and we sell quite a few of each.

Differences --- Fusion will fit tighter and be a lighter suit. Nice zippered style bellows pockets and extremely comfortable in and out of the water. Easier zipper to get in and out of than pretty much any suit out there.

Hollis is more like your normal drysuit, although it will fit tighter and is made of heavier duty material that stretches. It also has a bigger pocket. Socks can be weird on them with how the stitching runs around your foot.

You won't go wrong with either. Have you tried them on above water? You can get a good feel for differences even doing that :wink:

Did you see our videos on them?

Although I have not tried the Hollis, I have tried the Fusion and I found that, with my Knighthawk jacketed BCD with it's sternum strap, it caused the zipper to bunch up at the front.

Aside from that relatively minor annoyance, it was a good suite.

Although I have not tried the Hollis, I have tried the Fusion and I found that, with my Knighthawk jacketed BCD with it's sternum strap, it caused the zipper to bunch up at the front.

Aside from that relatively minor annoyance, it was a good suite.

With most drysuits you can't use your sternum strap because the inflator is in the way :wink:

I'll vouch for the Fusion. I have 5 dives on mine and couldn't be happier with it, granted it is my first drysuit. I have the lycra skin so I can't comment on the Bullet but I wouldn't mind getting it in the future.

I have the Hollis and have about 40 dives on it. It is a great suit, fits great and have had no problems once I got the seals trimmed to me, took several dive to get them correct but that is just me. the only down turn to it for me is the valco on the pockets flaps, everything stick to them. However I would buy another. My harness has a chest strap and there is no problem with it and the valve. Other have said it fit tight that is not true, I am 6'1" and 250 and it fits great easy to move in as long as you fit it correctly, follow thier charts. As for the Hollis undergarment that is a differant story same size as the drysuit and was very tight I returned it and purchased a undergrament on ebay, new for 99.00 have dove both in 36 degree water and was warm even after a 40 minute deco.

I have a Fusion with the Tech LE skin and really like it. It's my first drysuit, though, so I have nothing to compare it with. I initially ordered the Fusion boots, but ended up swapping them out for the Evo's which I like a lot better. The Evo's are a bigger pain to get on and I had to get bigger fins, but I have less air in my feet and good arch support out of the water.

:confused:

Who told you that???

I've used my White's for several years and never had a problem with it "getting in the way"

Nobody "told" me that....from the many Drysuits I have tried, with my most used Oceanic Excursion, I can not use the sternum strap as it interferes with the inflator. If I really wanted to I could put it under the inflator, but it's not really needed anyway. Might be something more size and equipment related vs. a standard with Drysuits. I have also seen it many times with students and those with their first drysuit. I have also seen people bend it around and use the inflator hose itself to "pin" the sternum strap in a good position so they could still use it.

Back
Top Bottom