Sitech glove system trouble

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AbyssalPlains

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I have been using the Sitech Dry Glove system with my Whites drysuit, but lately it has given me grief. One of the gloves is leaking, and I'm pretty sure it's because I have not been able to disassemble the o-ring and clean and lube it. According to the manufacturer's instruction, you are supposed to simply unlock the ring by turning it to expose the o-ring. I have tried and tried but the ring won't unlock and slide back. If I apply more force, I know it's going to break. This can't be right.

Can anyone help?

Same system my G/F for some reason got a little stuck one time. have some grasp the part on the suit while you twist it to unlock it took a little force but came apart no problems. One thing you want to do once it is apart is be sure to use the lube after each day of diving.

What we will do is after we lube the one part on the suit. We will attach the gloves and rotate the locking section into place back and fourth a few times so that the lube will get to both parts. and since then simple to get on and off

I gently push the outer plastic ring back at the spot where I am going to remove the o-ring. Push it back just enough to get access to the o-ring. Use a suitable tool to pry out the o-ring at that spot, then gently work it completely off. I use a plastic o-ring tool that came with my camera. Clean the o-ring and the glove ring. Lube the o-ring sparingly and gently work the o-ring back into the groove. I only do this a couple of times a year, I think too much lube causes problems.

The major cause of leaks for me was getting strands of the glove liner pinched between the rings. Even a single thread will cause a leak. Be real careful to tuck the liners out of the way before donning the gloves. I switched from the yellow liners to polartech 200 gloves that have less material at the cuff. No more leaks.

I gently push the outer plastic ring back at the spot where I am going to remove the o-ring. Push it back just enough to get access to the o-ring. Use a suitable tool to pry out the o-ring at that spot, then gently work it completely off. I use a plastic o-ring tool that came with my camera. Clean the o-ring and the glove ring. Lube the o-ring sparingly and gently work the o-ring back into the groove. I only do this a couple of times a year, I think too much lube causes problems.

The major cause of leaks for me was getting strands of the glove liner pinched between the rings. Even a single thread will cause a leak. Be real careful to tuck the liners out of the way before donning the gloves. I switched from the yellow liners to polartech 200 gloves that have less material at the cuff. No more leaks.

There you go...read above. Feel free to use a little force to "pop" that outer ring down. If you still have some trouble, let me know and I will create a video :wink:

Alright, I managed to pry the moving rings from the groove they slide in and push them back to be able to remove the o-rings and clean out the groove. However, it took brute force and a lot of prying with a screw driver to get to that point. If that is what I have to do on a regular basis, soon the glove rings will be trashed and I will end up in the ER getting stitches from stabbing myself. :D

Take the o-ring out and clean it, clean the groove that it came out of also. I use an o-ring lubricant on mine, just make sure you wipe it off real well with a cloth when you have greased it up(just the o-ring). You don't want it to be goopy otherwise it will pop off too easily, like underwater. Mine go on and off nicely and never pinch.

Magic Lube Lubricant and Sealant

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom