Bare ATR dry suit ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppo2_diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm thinking about buying a Bare ATR dry suit. I've dove with a White's dry suit shell and liked it. However it was about two inches to short for my torso. I was a little restricted when I bent over (couldn't touch my toes).

The Bare ATR suits can come with one of two types of boots. What is the difference between the HD 7mm neoprene vulcanized BARE boot and the compression-resistant Soft Boot?

I wear a size 13 shoe and have XL Dacor Panther fins. Will either one of these boots fit into my fins or would I need to buy new fins. Bare's trek boots aren't an option since I wear a 13 and the largest they come in is a 12.

Thanks.

I've got an ATR HD and I love it. Tough as nails, it seems.

I like the softboot. It's essentially a neoprene sock built into the suit, which you put some other kind of boot (Bare Trek Boot, DUI Rock boot, Converse, wetsuit bootie, etc) over. I think that by wearing a drysock under a boot which you can tie helps keep air out of the feet which is kind of annoying... and especially troublesome unless the built in boot doesn't fit perfectly.

Dunno about the fins... you'll probably want turtles :wink:

As for the boot size, there's nothing really special about the "drysuit boots" I think. My $80 Rock Boots are essentially just a pair of all black Converse sneakers. Pay your $20 for some canvas shoes... you'd probably need size 14 or so though.

i am pretty sure bare is coming out with a size 14 trek boot. but you can always throw on a pair of their 6mm ice boots and be tosty warm have a great sole too.

DiveUS sells the DUI Rock Boots up to size 15 for $71.95

Hey !

I've got a Bare ATR Lite and I absolutely love it !! I got it with the neoprene sock built in and use a set of Trek boots that have made diving so much more enjoyable for me. One thing though, you will most like ly have to get a new pair of fins.

But hey, new suit...new boots... why not a new pair of fins too ?? Oh yeah, the price......... keep forgetting that part.

Either way. the ATR was well worth the price.

Combat Smurf

Back
Top Bottom