Which way do you route your drysuit hose?

Which way do you route your drysuit hose?

• Under left arm

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Under right arm

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've recently acquired a drysuit and just did my certification and two dives with it. I had the LDS attach the drysuit hose, and didn't think much about it at the time. They routed it such that it will go under my left arm. But I've started wondering how others route their drysuits hoses, and why you prefer it that way?

I route it under the left arm.
All the dry suits I've owned, up to my current DUI, the valve was installed in a fixed position and that's how it worked best. Old habits just die hard I guess.
Another reason, by routing it under my arm, then under the shoulder strap of my BC, it has very little chance of snagging or getting in the way.

as the only right arm router thus far, i feel compelled to ex-toll:

My d/s inflate is center chest mounted and swivels 360 degrees. The length of hose I have on there works ideally to run the hose down along the back support of my BCD and in the arm hole. The hose hugs without any slack for catching grief... I could go on either side with it, but this is where it is now and I like it :D

I do it on the left side. It is where buoyancy control hoses and SPG go for me. So I can use left hand to control buoyancy (wing and drysuit inflation) and can use the same hand to quick disconnect both LP inflator hoses.

I routed mine under my right arm.

I converted my dry-suit to SiTech valve, so that the drysuit inflator hose and LPI hoses could be interchanged between the suit and the wing, if necessary. If either hose failed, then the other could be used.

I felt that this offered some flexibility and contingency to my configuration.

Right side here. too.

My alternate is on the left and my valve is a 360 swivel. Routing under the right arm distributes the hoses Also for times when I need to locate the hose I think I have better arm mobility hooking out back on the right.

Pete

right side, just seemed to route better
(my instructor said it didn't matter as long as you can find it and disconnect it rapidly/consistently)

To those of you who route it under things, can you quickly disconnect it if it if the valve sticks on?

Left side so there's no conflict with the primary light cord. When I reach down to pull for some slack or make adjustments, I want to know for certain that I'm not pulling on my light cord.

db, yes. you only have to unhook the end, and then if you need to hook it back up, it's still where you left it.

i have primary and wing on my right post, secondary, spg, and suit on the left. that way i have a buoyancy and a breathe-y on each.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom