Latex Wrist Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barriecuda

Registered
Reaction score
Help!!!

I just got my new custom Bare ATR HD drysuit. Everything fits great except for the wrist seals and neck seal. Which I know I have to trim the neck to fit. I've cut 3 rings off the neck and its still a little more than snug and the wrist seals are really tight. My fingers start to go numb after a few min. Is there a way to stretch the the wrist seals and should I try stretching the neck seal before cutting another ring off? Someone had told me that a bottle or can in the wrists would stretch the seals. But once the bottle is taken out will the seals not go back to the size they were originally.

Safe Diving
Barriecuda

You can use bottles or a cylinder to stretch out neoprene seals but latex does not stretch out the same way. In fact over the life of your seals you will see they distort very little.

Make sure you trim a small amount at a time and then try for fit, better to go a little tight and then trim more later...

Not so tight you loose sensation or cut off circulation though!

Stretch the seal around a bottle so it lays flat and then cut with an exacto knife or similar, make sure there is no tag or notch were a rip could start. The cut begining should meet the cut end exactly.

Good luck with your new purchase!!

Jeff Lane

Back
Top Bottom