Latex cuffs/neck seal inside neoprene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a dry suit with neoprene cuffs and collar.

I consistenly get pretty damp due to my skinny/skinny wrists.

Is it possible to place a set of latex seals INSIDE of the neoprene seals?-I wouldn't be removing the neoprene just gluing a latex seal inside of it.

Where can I get instuction on how to do this?

Thanks
Mike

I can't think of anyway to make this work. You can remove the neo seals and have latex put on (probably), or possibly go to some style of dryglove.

buff once bubbled...
I have a dry suit with neoprene cuffs and collar.

I consistenly get pretty damp due to my skinny/skinny wrists.

Is it possible to place a set of latex seals INSIDE of the neoprene seals?-I wouldn't be removing the neoprene just gluing a latex seal inside of it.

Where can I get instuction on how to do this?

Thanks
Mike

I did what MechDiver mentioned. On my old drysuit I replaced the neoprene wrist seals with latex. But if you have skinny wrists, you will still get damp from latex wrist seals. (But probably not as much)

You would be better off going directly to the dryglove/ring system.

I too have very skinny wrists so I can relate to your problem. I had neoprene seals on my drysuit and was continually getting wet. I switched to latex seals and now stay completely dry.

Diverlady

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom