What do you wear under your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cafka

Registered
Reaction score
Hey,
What do you guys/gals wear under your wetsuit?
When I rented, I always wore trunks under mine. Now I bought a new wetsuit. In my 3 mm surf suit, I go naked for comfort.

What do you do?

Thanks,
Tom

I just started diving about 6 months ago, but I just wear swim trunks. I thought they would get bunched up in my 7mm 2 piece wetsuit, but so far so good.

Usually I wear swim trunks but I also don't like they way they get bunched up, so I've been going without. This weekend however even though I was only in the pool with some students, I was so cold when I go out that I wore a skin under my 3 mil.

Just picked up a Nike Jammer (Speedo make 'em too). Jammers give more coverage than the traditional Speedo bikinis. They don't bunch up like board shorts or trunks, dry pretty quickly and don't seem to add too much warmth in warmer waters. Check some of the swimming stores online...last year's designs are on sale now for about half price.

Best fishes and safe travels. Peace.

I also wear lycra swim trunks from speedo (NOT the bikini style)... they prevent chaffing and don't bunch up. They dry very fast... they just show a bit more than I would like! :)

On top of that I wear a skin suit to help get my wetsuit on and off. This made diving MUCH more pleasant. Especially when wearing a 7 mill or when diving in the tropics wear the skin suit can be used for some sun protection - by being put on early and taken off late - without the heat.

I dive in the great lakes and for the majority of dives the temperatre does not get any warmer than 60 F.

During the winter season I wear a mid-weight patagonia upper and lower underwear. The purpose is to wick away moisture while in the suit. On top of the patagonia's I wear Bare thermal fleece CT200's.

In the summer I still wear the patagonia's as I find that it helps in keeping me warm/dry inside the suit (due to perspiration). I also have a set of the CT100's which are a lighter thermal suit.

The coldest I have been in the water was 28F and it was not an issue with being cold. I also have a the Viking Dry glove system which I installed and use a pair of thinsulate gloves under the rubber glove.....

Well thats it.....Lots to put on and a bit of hard work when it is 90 F outside but I love the sport, as everyone can relate, so I don't mind all the extra work that needs to go into the "getting ready" part.

Dive safe,

Back
Top Bottom