Latex Wrist Seal Lifting Off TLS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mahjong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The top outside edge of my latex wrist seal is lifting off my TLS. It gets worse after every dive day. I know Aquaseal is used to afix the inside seam. I'm not certain Aquaseal was used to seal the oputside of the wrist seal. Does anyone know what is typically used in this location? Should I just use Aquaseal? Thanks!

Seam and glue de-action, seems to be a common problem for a batch of TLS suit, this is why I am a bit hesitate to get one myself, although I really want one.

I would use aquaseal and thin it with a little cotol. Just a thin layer of cement is all that would be needed. Just be sure to reattach the lose seal before sealing the edges.

They use something similar to PB-300. It is a contact adhesive. Soaking it with MEK then heating it, you might be able to get it to stick again. Unfortunately MEK is hard to come by but some paint stores still have it in stock. It is the solvent for the adhesive on my drysuit and my boat. Fortunately I am well stocked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom