Atlan Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had an atlan northshore for a while, really good suit for a neoprene, tough construction, and well put together for the price.

Decided that I didn't care for the neo suit though, decided to go with a laminate suit.

I just picked one up real cheap on ebay...

I dont have it yet, but I plan on putting it to good use soon. I will let you know how I like it.

You can infer alot of things about the suit just knowing that it is a neoprene suit. One good thing about them, is that they are really cheap compared to trilam suits. That being said, you can probably use less lead with a trilam suit. SOme of it is personal preference. I know alot of people that like neoprene drysuits.

So, its a tough call. I cant tell you what you are going to like. This is a first neoprene drysuit for me, I have had three other trilam suits in the past, still own two others, ANdy's, and a DUI. SO, the Atlan is going to be my backup backup!!!

If that makes any sense...

My spouse uses an Atlan dry suit and really likes it. It is very durable and she has about 200 dives on a suit she bought used, so it has lasted longer than I expected.

She has also used my trilam suits but really prefers her neoprene suit as it is a one piece affair to don instead of an underwear shell combination. She normally wears sweats under the suit and stays warmer in it that she does in my trilam suits with thinsulate underwear.

They are also a little more streamlined than a trilam and can stretch if required so you can get by with a littl esnugger fit in a neoprene suit. I am also seriously considering going to a neoprene suit when I retire my latest trilam.

I've used a couple different Atlan neoprene suits, and had good experiences with all of them. They stand up well to wear and tear, are warm (even up here in alaska), and are reasonably priced.

Good value for what you get, imo.

Still waiting on my new CLX450 tho =)

-Brandon

I am considering buying a Atan SPORT drysuit, just was wanting to hear what other divers think about them?

Back
Top Bottom