How many drysuits do you own, and why would you need more than one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have four. Three trilams and a CF200. I have the 350 and the 200 for choice and the first two trilams because I was cheap and stupid and got educated

Hallmac

For my own personal use, 6.
2 Unisuits (warm), 2 Vikings (tough & secure) (one dedicated for drinking water applications) These have neck yokes for mating direct to helmet.
1 Viking Xtreme for scuba (attached hood)
1 canvass "Bunny Suit" for the vintage diving parties.

Dang, I could probably use a few more....

jonscubas:
Trilam, CF material, etc... Why do you own more than 1?

I own one...Can't see why folks might have more than one, unless they bought the first one before they thought about which drysuit they might "really" want.

2 custom DUI TLS 350s. One is 7 years old, the other a year old. I got tiredofnot having a suit for the 2 weeks a year its in fornew seals and such, plus the old one is,well, old and well used. It's now the backup.

scubasean:
I own one...Can't see why folks might have more than one, unless they bought the first one before they thought about which drysuit they might "really" want.

Requirements change, diving styles change. There are many reasons for having more than one suit.

I have two BTW.

MD

I have two - a TLS350 and a CNSe. The latter is a backup which I got a real nice price on. I love the TLS.

I have three. A DUI CLX-450 custom, and a ANDY's DS2 which fits me like a custom suit, and an ATLAN neoprene sport. The DUI is my primary suit, with the Andy's as a backup. The Atlan I got just because I wanted to try a neoprene drysuit for teaching. I am already planning on getting a fourth suit...

Three... all with P-valves. :D

Two Andy's Trilams and one CF200.

I could get by with just the two Andy's... but I wouldn't want to only have one suit for the same reason Chickdiver mentioned.

On second thought... I like having the CF200 too... for the man-eating barnacle dives.

BTW: Bob... do you have a P-valve on that Viking? wink

LUBOLD8431:
The Atlan I got just because I wanted to try a neoprene drysuit for teaching.

Why would you want a neo suit for classes? I would think that would be a PITA for that if you already had tri-lams.

MD

Back
Top Bottom