Probe iDry 5mm Semidry Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all,

Just wanted to share my experience with this awesome suit!

Now let me start off by saying that, as a new diver, I don't have much experience with wetsuits. I've only worn a couple of different brands but when I tried on the iDry, it fit like a glove! I had tried the iDry on in my LDS for sizing because I was ordering the iFlex 5mm but they didn't have my size in stock. I noticed right away how well it fit and how different it felt to the other suits I had worn. I had so much more maneuverability and range of motion than I was used to in a wetsuit. Unfortunately the iDry was beyond my budget for a suit so I had to go for the less expensive option in the iFlex, which was assured to be a great suit as well. Finally got the call that my suit had come in but there had been a problem, Probe didn't have the colour and size iFlex I had wanted. So to avoid waiting for them to have my suit in stock and the disappointment and frustration that would go along with it, they had decided to send me the new iDry 5mm for the iFlex price! I was blown away, now that's customer service! I couldn't wait to get it in the water and try it out.

Dive day came and conditions were not ideal but I didn't care, I had my new suit to play with! Water temp was 18C/64F which was the same as the pool I had taken my OW course in and I remember feeling the cold right through the suit. Not this time, I was warm and comfortable on both my dives which made the day so much more enjoyable! It felt like a second skin and kept me warm the whole time. Hung it up to dry after cleaning and you could see the water pouring out of it. No exaggerations on the 10min dry time. The inside of the suit was pretty dry with only the ankles and wrists still a bit wet and this was a cloudy overcast day, I would imagine it would be even faster in the sun!

All in all couldn't be happier with the iDry and the company behind it! It fits, it feels great, it keeps you warm and it drys quick. Best of all I finally have my own wetsuit and you know what that means... No more rentals!

Back
Top Bottom