What fins do you use with your rock boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TechDeep

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I went all the way to page 10m of this thread, and I was surprised to find nothing on this. I have a custom fit FLX extreme on the way. I opted for rock boots, (size 11) and have never used them before. So, what are you guys, gals, etc. using for fins with your rock boots? Is it working or not? I currently have a set of XL jet fins, and size LL Apollo Bios. I love my Apollos, so please, lets not drift off to yet another split fin thread. The pockets in the Jet fins LOOK big enough, but I can actually get my Scuba Pro boots much further into the smaller looking Apollo pocket, I guess because they are rubber fins, and they stretch. Both sets have spring straps.

Do I even need a new set of fins for my rock boot? If so, which ones? TIA!

I use my size 10 rock boots with Hollis F1 XL and they fit nice and snug and work very well in the water. Frog kick, back kick, turns.

XL OMS Slipstreams, the XL jets are too tight, can get them on put removing them is a PITA.

I HAVE A DUI ds with rockboots. I found a site for rockboot size to jetfins. I have size 11 rockboots and use XXL jetfins and also mares quatro's regular.

here is a link that may help you, there are more and better ones but you will have to spend some time and look
Aloha Shore Divers

One thing to consider is whether you have a tendency to be feet heavy or head heavy. If you need weight on your feet Jets or Hollis F1's seem to help. If you are feet heavy or diving sidemount Oms Slipstreams or the Dive Rite Exp's see to really help. I use a size 16 regular neoprene dive booty with my drysuit instead of Rock Boots. I normally wear a size 12-13 shoe. My fins are Oms Slipstreams and I use them when diving wet and dry. For wetsuit diving I just use a pair of Chuck Taylors. The neoprene dive booties seem to help some people with being head heavy. Go with a 5 mil booty if this is the case. I don't know what the dive shops in your area do but some of the shops in Cave Country have fins you can take for a test dive for free. Cave Adventurers in Mariana specifically does this.

I have recently bought some Hollis F1 fins with spring straps - previously I have always had to have different sizes of fins between my wetsuit boots (size 9/10) and drysuit (10 or 10/11). With the F1 fins I have found that they F1 comfortably fit both. There is also an adjustable screw on the F1 fins so you can tighten or loosen the spring strap

I have a Hollis DX300 Drysuit with size 10 Hollis Rockboots and the XL fits comfortably. They also fit my Waterproof D1 drysuit which is an XL with I think size 10/11 boots built in. Again a good fit.

With Atomic products (I also have some Smoke on water split fins) I need an XL for the D1 but only a L for the size 9/10 wetsuit boots. I can't wear the XL's with my wetsuit they are too loose, and likewise cannot get the drysuit boots into the L.

All the boot sizes quoted are I guess UK sizes, but I can't see that the fin sizes will be any different. BTW the F1's are very heavy fins.

Phil

F1's & Turtles have foot pockets that work happily with Rock Boots, but are "heavy". To be able to dive them wet, I have to wear Warmers Boots. I also have worn double layers of neoprene socks and my Rock Boots to use them wet. DR EXPs are also popular with the DS crowd here....

Last edited:
I'm currently rocking some XL turtles with knock off chucks. The XL turtles are for small feet though (uk 4.5)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom