Wetsuit repair/customizing in South Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mgarcia117

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently received a Henderson hyperstretch 5mm wetsuit, it fits me pretty well, except that it forms wings under my arms. I was wondering if anyone knew of a shop in South Florida, preferably in Miami, or the Keys that could fix bring it in a little, so I don't have the wings anymore.
Thanks!!

I recently received a Henderson hyperstretch 5mm wetsuit, it fits me pretty well, except that it forms wings under my arms. I was wondering if anyone knew of a shop in South Florida, preferably in Miami, or the Keys that could fix bring it in a little, so I don't have the wings anymore.
Thanks!!

Im sure you will get this answer repeated 100 times, but Connie at Wetwear is the place to take it. they are right off 95 next to Rachael's (954) 458-0400

Thanks a bunch! Trying to get it fixed before I freeze in the Florida springs.

So I gave them a call, and was put off by the customer service on the phone. I tried to explain what I needed done, only to have the lady on the phone tell me that I didn't know what I was talking about, and that " I own the worst wetsuit made". She tried to get me to buy a new custom fit wetsuit from their shop instead. When I pressed the issue for getting them to alter my wet suit, the only reply I received was "it won't be cheap, more than $10.00"
Needless to say I will never be shopping there. I am planning on going to the Florida springs cave/caverns in a few weeks, any idea on a good place for me to get the suit altered up there?
Thanks in advance!

I wasn't expecting it to be cheap, I was expecting something in the $70-80 range. I just don't appreciate being pushed into purchasing something I don't need, and then being told that I have a bad wetsuit (Henderson hyper stretch). They were unwilling to give me a ballpark figure over the phone, they were more interested in making me but a new suit.

I purchased my wetsuit from Connie who was meticulous in her work. They designed me a custom red "Santa" wetsuit for my large build. I am 6' 5" and over 300 lbs. The suit fit wonderfully. However, I was told that getting my custom logo embroidered on the chest would be no problem and she showed me a stack of suits awaiting delivery to SeaWorld that were beautifully done. The problem came when her embroiderer didn't want to be bothered with a single suit order. I waited an extra two weeks while getting the runaround and eventually had to accept the suit without the embroidery. I found another embroiderer who was happy to take my business. But he wasn't set up to sew a completed wetsuit, So I contacted Connie about buying enough matching neoprene to make a per-embroidered patch that she could then sew onto the chest of my suit. She promised to "call me right back" as she was with another customer. That was in early December. She hasn't taken any of my calls or called me back. It's amazing how much her demeanor changed after getting my cash, (around $800) in her hands. I didn't blame her that her embroiderer didn't want to be bothered with my single suit order. I am annoyed at her indifference to my problem after the sale. And I now need to find someone else to sew my logo patch onto my WetWear suit, preferably in Florida or near Atlanta, GA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom