Diagonal Zip Front-Entry Drysuit - Pain or Pleasure?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zigspal

New
Reaction score
I'm looking at a neoprene diagonal zip front-entry drysuit on eBay and wondering how much of a contortionist you need to be to get into them. I know the waist-zip models are ridiculously easy to don and doff, but this is a really good deal and I'm seriously considering it. How easy are they to get in and out of? I'm not double jointed or especially flexible and will be using it in situations where I likely won't have anyone to assist me.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Every dry suit that I have had has been diagonal zip front zip, I have never actually seen a waist zip dry suit. Some of my buddies have back zip, which are less expensive but require a buddy's help, so that's out for me.

It never occurred to me that diagonal front zip would be a donning/doffing issue, I never had any problems or heard of anyone complaining about that..!

What suit is it?

front entry is the way.

What suit is it?

It's a crushed neoprene suit from Diving Concepts. I know the nylon suits with crotch straps have lots of room to maneuver in, but the crushed neoprene doesn't have the extra room and I'm concerned about having to pretzel to get into it.

If it doesn't have a telescoping torso, you may find you need a chiropractor to fix your neck after diving. At least, I felt that way with my DC diagonal zip crushed neo suit.

It's a crushed neoprene suit from Diving Concepts. I know the nylon suits with crotch straps have lots of room to maneuver in, but the crushed neoprene doesn't have the extra room and I'm concerned about having to pretzel to get into it.

Hmmm... my first drysuit was a Diving Concepts suit, but a trilam. Don't think that it had a telescoping torso. Never had a problem with it, but TSandM has a point.

It is really not too much of a problem to get in and out of. A frind does help a lot but usually you can do it yourself. One thing that you might want to think about is that if it is tight, less undergarment you can get under it.

I have a friend (yes, I do) with a neoprene front zip drysuit. His fits very nice and tight. Needless to say, he often requires a bit of help to get his left shoulder tucked into the suit and always needs help getting the left shoulder peeled out of it. I think it will depend on just what kind of a fit the suit is on your own body.

I have Pinnacle Black Ice and Poseidon Flexisuit , The Black Ice dons effortlessly , the Flexisuit took a little patience until I discovered the dangle of the angle so to speak...
also helps to don left shoulder , right shoulder , neck , reverse order to doff , otherwise you may get ... stuck as some earlier posters discovered

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom