Anyone know about this brand? AMARANTO SIBERIA TRILAMINATE DRYSUIT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weird that when googling it, your brand new post shows up in second place already! And the others are from e-bay... Further down found something from Russia... Russian suit? No info at all about them...

They are made in the Czech Republic apparently.

D'oh! You've revealed my secret identity. I'm gonna go sulk in the bat cave now. :wink:

D'you see that funnel cloud the other night?

D'you see that funnel cloud the other night?

No, I was stuck in Urgent care (working) all night.

To everyone else. I'll let you know what the suit looks like. Only thing I'm risking is return shipping of $16 and the suit is new.

No, I was stuck in Urgent care (working) all night.

To everyone else. I'll let you know what the suit looks like. Only thing I'm risking is return shipping of $16 and the suit is new.

im in the market for a new drysuit and i saw these also. Any info you have on them work be greatly appreciated ...Thanks!!

It arrived today. Looks to be well constructed. The material is heavier than what DUI uses, similar to the material in a Typhoon. Valves are SiTech and the latex seals seem to be good quality. The pocket has 2 compartments and 2 (plastic?) D-rings inside for clipping gear. It sits higher up the right leg (just below my hip level) than I like. The lower legs are cut tight (presumably to keep the air pocket small). Gaiters won't be necessary. Suspenders are sturdy and attach at the front points with side-release buckles. That is handy when you (inevitably) put the suit on with one or more between your legs. I found no binding when doing squats or figure 4s and can reach behind to grab the zipper at both ends.

It comes with a undersuit of fleece. I think it is 200g. The undersuit is cut tight, but stretches. I suspect the material will pill however.

Now the bad points (for me at least): Too much room in the thighs and trunk and more material at the shoulder than I like. I'm worried about a unwieldy air pocket just above the exhaust valve when in flat trim. Not sure why they built it with a telescoping torso since it is a back zip (which I was able to zip/un-zip alone with the help of a rope and a overhead hook). Although that might give more hip and knee flexibility. That is why I didn't like the Typhoon suits, I couldn't fully squat. This suit doesn't bind anywhere. There is elastic in the lumbar area, but no way to adjust it.

It certainly looks well worth the $595 I bought it for, but may still end up sending it back. I'm trying to decide between this one and a used DUI TLS350 (Wm ML) made in 2002 that fits me perfectly for the same price. Without side-by-side comparison (and if I put on another drysuit now I'll end up with heatstroke) it seems to fit very similar to my 1991 DUI TLS350 Mens M that I'm relegating to back-up. The only difference is the DUI uses a much suppler material than the Amaranto.

I suspect the cut is more for a man than for a woman, even though it is marked as unisex.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom