New Dry suit Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belce

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I got my new dry suit today. Just got a Santi E.Lite mtm suit. I ordered the suit back on Dec 20 and looking at the documents with it, it appears to have left Poland about Feb 20. Somewhere in the middle of that Santi contacted the dealer and asked to confirm some measurements and the confirmed measurements were identical to the original. I think it speaks well of Santi that they do look at measurements and ask for confirmation before starting and of the dealer, in this case Wilson's Diving, that the measurements confirmed the second time round to the original. Kudos to Doug and Santi for this. Considering the few days delay for the measurement check and international shipping time, the suit takes about as much time to make as advertised, 6 to 8 weeks.

I still have to dive the new suit, so what follows here is the initial impression about the suit and what it comes with. First dives are this weekend and I plan to follow up with that experience.

What I ordered; the E.Lite mtm suit, Apex valves, Halcyon pee valve, latex seals with the TiZip zipper and a standard hood, neoprene socks with rock boots.

First, the E.Lite suit comes in its very own bag with more than enough room for the suit and space for many other things. There is a Apex whip for the inflator, a Santi mask strap, enough talc powder to last for a couple of years, lube for the TiZip, the kit for the Halcyon pee valve, manuals for all the bits, the inspection document. Oh, I got a little patch with my name stitched to the left pocket as well. While they indicate that the suit comes only in black, I did get the panel from the waist to wrist in red. This is a different type of material than used with the rest of the suit.

I did watch Santi's video on how to put on the suit a few times in the recent past, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi-wc71EQCc and that was a benefit. My previous suit was a back entry and I just wanted to be certain about things.

With the suit on, I find I have good reach and the fit is very good.

I checked all the seams, stitching and taping and it looks great. I am very much looking forward to my first dives with this suit.

Looks like a serious piece of suit. Hope you enjoy.

One of the big reasons for me getting this suit is the pockets.

When I started diving and was looking at my first dry suit I was asked if I wanted pockets... I could have 1 or 2 and I was new and thought, what do I need stinking pockets for and they cost extra. So I opted for 1 and for some time it was for some time something that was there and not used. Eventually I came to regret getting only 1 and to also learn that the pockets need to be more than bags on our thighs. You need to have something setup so you can put things in these pockets take them out, get what you want and put it all back and later know you haven't left something behind. Good pockets need to have something to attach stuff to and organize and these do. There is a right pocket and a left pocket. Right pocket has a space for your wet notes with a bungee in there, a front and back bungee in the main compartment and then there is a zipper on the pocket flap with a bungee for bolt snaps and things. The left pocket 'just' has a front and rear bungee for attaching and organizing stuff. The flaps are big and stiff to easily work with dry gloves.

In the front where the suspenders attach there is also a small zip pocket to place things as well like a key or ID, credit cards. I read somewhere you can place your lock remote in it in such a way that you can lock and unlock your car doors without unzipping.

Hi Iain! I am glad that you like your new SANTI E.Lite. We usually confirm measurements on a MTM suit just to avoid any mistakes. It is much easier to ask twice than to fix a new suit... As for the delivery time, SANTI had christmas holiday from December 22nd to January 6th, but the 8 week time frame is realistic :) I hope you are getting many years of dry diving out of it and please do not hesitate to contact me or your dealer if there is anything we can do for you :) Safe Diving!

WP_20140316_002.jpg

Here it is and it looks and worked great on its first dive.

suit has been great

Back
Top Bottom