New drysuit or not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frogman82

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have a chance to get a brand new othree ri2-100 at a reasonable price. Currently dive a 16 year old dui cf in great condition, but that's my main issue..... It's old...
I'm not able to try the othree before buying as it is half a world away. I have to rely on the measurements provided.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one and like it.

Is the suit a standard size? Could you find one locally to try on?

O'Three have a 'made to fit' service so if the suit needs to be adjusted I am sure they could sort you out. This includes making bits bigger as well as smaller. They are very helpful so I would suggest phoning them for advice.

I'd hope the price was very reasonable though!

Ken

Never bad to have a backup :wink:
I wonder what the shipping cost will be if it goes half around the world. O'Three is locateds in the UK and your profile says Norway :confused:

I was looking at an O'Three a while back, spoke with them a few times, very helpful and very knowledgable. From memory the freight to Japan was quite reasonable. Talk to Doppler, he is a member here and is very knowledgable about O'Three suits. In Europe they have a very good reputation for quality and service. My next suit, gulp, will likely be an O'Three.

I get it at about half price so it is a good deal. Haven't seen one of these suits in norway yet, but I have done some research and they seem to be of good quality.
The seller has moved from uk to new zealand, so he doesn't need a drysuit. I almost wonder if I actually need a backup suit, the dui is in very good condition. On the other hand the othree is brand new and it is a bargain so I'm torn in both directions....

I don't know how old or how much wear & tear your DUI has had, but keep in-mind that they don't last forever. If it doesn't need replacement, I wouldn't buy a second suit just to store it. It's a different thing commercially, but for recreational diving one dry-suit is usually sufficient. Keep in-mind that you can tell when the suit is becoming shot. It's a good idea to buy a replacement before it becomes unserviceable.

My dui is 16 years old. I've seen someone post on here about the cf material disintegrating, but the majority seems to think they last 'forever'.
Ken - how much strech is it in the material of the othree suit?

I get it at about half price so it is a good deal. Haven't seen one of these suits in norway yet, but I have done some research and they seem to be of good quality.
The seller has moved from uk to new zealand, so he doesn't need a drysuit. I almost wonder if I actually need a backup suit, the dui is in very good condition. On the other hand the othree is brand new and it is a bargain so I'm torn in both directions....

I'd jump all over it.

Yeah, I'm really tempted... Just have to tripple check all the measurements, it would be a real bummer if it didn't fit properly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom