Mares Flexa 8-6-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbalmr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anyone have any experience with a trilaminate wetsuit? I want to buy a new 7mm suit but saw this on LP for the same price.. any thoughts?
Mares Flexa 8-6-5mm Men's One Piece Wetsuit, Black/Gray at LeisurePro

I live in Michigan and need all the protection I can get without a drysuit. Thanks

Mine is on backorder at DiversSupply (swiped it for $200 new!). Should be coming this week. I'll post a review after a couple cold water New England Spring dives.

Does anyone have any experience with a trilaminate wetsuit? I want to buy a new 7mm suit but saw this on LP for the same price.. any thoughts?
Mares Flexa 8-6-5mm Men's One Piece Wetsuit, Black/Gray at LeisurePro

I live in Michigan and need all the protection I can get without a drysuit. Thanks

Just so it's clear - this is not a *trilaminate* suit - TriLam is what you find is a shell drysuit, where you have three bonded layers of material making up the fabic of the suit. In this case, Trilastic is their brand name for using 3 different thicknesses of material in different parts of the suit to give the desired warmth/stretch/flexibility.

I dove with this suit for the first time yesterday (Folly Cove, Gloucester MA). Water temps were 43-49F. I used the Mares Flexa 6mm hood and gloves, too. I was in the water for about 45 minutes for two dives.

I'm glad I bought this suit. It's extremely comfortable and I was plenty warm. The suit is extremely soft, which makes it easy to put on/take off. The 8/6/5 Mil pattern gives noticeable maneuverability and less buoyancy. One feature that I really like is the neck velcro strap, which sits on the side. It's easy to reach and tighten to your liking.

I'd definitely recommend this 1-piece suit.

unnamed-3.jpg

I bought one and dove it for take first time last week. I love it!!! Just as you said it's warm, comfortable, easily manuverable and great quality! I'd recommend it to anyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom