Viking Hazmat valve on a Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olphart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The exhaust valve on my Fusion has been giving me fits, seems to leak just a little bit no matter what. My LDS has checked it a couple of times and Whites checked it out as well. they can find no issues.
Apparently I may be causing the problem by trying to exhaust air when there is none in the suit, or leaving it wide open, again trying to start the dive with the suit empty. This seemed to work just fine in my Nexgen with no leaks at all.
Anyway, to deal with the problem, however it is caused, I've thought about replacing the valve with a Viking Hasmat valve.
My question is, has anyone here done this and was there any issue with the mounting?

Do you have a Si Tech valve in your suit right now or Apeks? My guess is it is an Apeks valve...they always leak. Do you have it closed a couple clicks?

Either way, yes, you can do it. We actually stock that Hazmat valve too. It's made by Si Tech.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom