TiZIP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCU5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Alright, so these zippers have been out for a few years now and I'm curious what people's experiences with them have been? I'm looking at a new suit and debating whether to go TiZIP or metal zip and any input, comments, thoughts is much appreciated! :D

I would say go for the tizip. Been very happy with mine, although my new suit has the usual bdm zip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not consider a suit without tizip anymore. Once you go plastic, you never wanna go back... or something :)

- Mikko Laakkonen -

I love diving and teaching others to dive.

For reference, how many dives do you guys have on your TiZIP's?

I just got my suit end of March so about 20. The shop I work out of we use these zippers with our rental drysuits as well. They also cost less than metal zippers as well.

I went thru Dive Right In Scuba and had on installed. I think that I have around 50 dives on the suit. My friend just upgraded (yes upgraded) to one he loves it also. I have a new to me DUI 50/50 and when it is time for a zipper change I will not waste any time in installing a TiZip. I don't think that you are going to find a vast amount of history pertaining to them is that they are fairly new. If you want to see something cool, go to DRIS and request a video on them. Hitting it several time with a hammer and it still worked was very impressive. OBTW, I am not an owner nor worker for DRIS...just a very satisfied diver.

also the company is German, the product came out before 2009 and after a 5 year development process. You can check out their website www.tizip.com they have a page that shows all the companies that use their product.

I only have about 30 odd dives on mine but so far so good. My friend has a metal zip, mine zips up/down way easier.

I've had mine for a year. No issues except when I forget to lube the docking end for too long, and then it seeps a little. MUCH easier to zip and unzip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom