Dirzone or Halcyon p-valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Redshift

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

When comparing Dirzone and Halcyon balanced p-valves, the Dirzone one is a lot smaller on the outside. Looks quite nice. Although inside it will have an extra tube that Halcyon have managed to hide.

Any opinions on the quality of both? Leaning towards dirzone, due to it being more discreet and a lot cheaper! But would like to know if it works properly.

I don't have any firsthand knowledge about the Dirzone. I have the Halcyon P-Valve and it performs excellent. In the 20+ divers that I know who dive dry, they all use Halcyon.

Same here. I have the Halcyon P-Valve. I think it will be difficult to find somebody who used both. My friend, who made dry suite for me, just said : "If you would like the best without long investigation, take Halcyon". But may be it is not true.

I understand that it may be difficult to find someone with experience with both p-valves, but I know Halcyon works, now I just need someone who knows and likes dirzone.
Of course opinions on p-valve type usage will depend on region as one is a American brand and the other European.

And Halcyon do have some nice gear (I have several things), but not always the best :wink:

I have the Halcyon valve in both of my suits and have not had any issues. Plus I just love peeing on the "H" :D.

Back
Top Bottom