What wrist rings are these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phishphood

Contributor
Reaction score
Picked these up for a song at my LDS. Problem is I can't figure out exactly where they go. I'm not sure if they are made to glue in to the suit and clamp on quick change seals or clamp on glued in seals to put on pullover dry gloves or if they are missing one other glue in ring. Can't find any brand info but my fairly fat hand can slide through without an issue.
a5yty5u9.jpg
qy2ejuda.jpg
3e9yratu.jpg
yme9ahah.jpg

I'm pretty sure those are DC (dive concepts) rings. the company is out of business, but they are good rings. You needs some atlas rubber gloves and a set of o-rings to finish them out.

There are lots of youtube videos about installing these. It can be a PIA getting the gloves mounted, but if you ever puncture one, you can get replacements at alomst any hardware store.

I had a pair sold by COCVI that I used for a little while, before happily switching to Viking. They are a pain to get the glove off. They are even more of a pain to put together. Honestly I would recommend getting rid of them, and going with Si-Tech's or Vikings depending on if you want replaceable wrist seals in the future.

They are a pain to get the glove off.

Huh?! :confused: They simply pop on and pop off. They are the easiest part of putting on a drysuit.

Easy on yes, easy off no. Vikings are easy off, Si-Tech are easy off. Trying to pull the glove off the suit while wearing it and working with only one hand is not easy. I cracked them loose over my knee of sorts. Typically they required help.

Interesting. I never had a problem with mine. I just put one arm on my chest and grasped the top of the glove ring (not the glove) with the other hand and popped it open, like breaking an egg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom